Humber considers the following as “recognized” for the purposes of evaluating transfer credit and awarding block transfer credit:
- Member institutions of the Ontario Council on Admission and Transfer (ONCAT)
- Canadian public post-secondary institutions
- Universities Canada member institutions
- International institutions considered accredited or recognized in their country, as determined by the Office of the Registrar and/or the International Centre through accreditation reference materials or the Ministries of Education of that country
- All other institutions are considered unrecognized. This would include but is not limited to private institutions that do not meet any of the criteria listed above
- Any educational institution or other organization that is not a post-secondary institution (e.g., secondary schools, professional organizations).
The Office of the Senior Vice President, Academic, may approve credits obtained from any institution or organization that does not meet the above criteria upon consultation with the Registrar and at the request of the appropriate Senior Dean.